Construction Site Inspector
City : OTTAWA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Construction Site Inspector - ( 23000152 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Transportation Team provides planning, design and construction administration services for roadway, highway, transit/rail, bridge and related projects. We are currently seeking a self-motivated Construction Site Inspector to conduct field work to complement our transportation team this summer in Renfrew County. This position will work on transportation infrastructure engineering projects that may include site inspection and construction contract management of bridges and roads
Imagine being part of a dynamic team that designs innovative solutions for our diverse set of clients. The Construction Site Inspector will work under close supervision of a Site Supervisor Contract Administrator to develop skills in civil works related to roadway design construction, on-site field review and inspections and contract documents. The ideal candidate has the ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgement, creativity, and innovation including effective coordination of internal and external constituents, demonstrated experience on various construction projects, effective meeting facilitation skills and strong knowledge of regulatory requirements.
As a Construction Site Inspector in our Ottawa Transportation Group, you will be responsible for assisting project managers, project engineers and construction administrators in the following areas:
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Senior Engineer, or Contract Administrator
- Carries out inspection activities to ensure conformance
- Construction site inspections and visits including completing Field Observation Reports and site diary entries
- Supervise sub-contractor work
- Quantity measurements for preparation of payment certifications
- Daily reporting and participation in construction meetings
- Completion of construction as-builts
- Liaison with local residents affected by construction projects
- Interpreting requirements and details of contract drawings and specifications.
- Liaising with contractors and other stakeholders.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prior experience working on MTO projects or municipal infrastructure projects
- Either registration as a Technician or Technologist with O.A.C.E.T.T. or Professional Engineer or Engineer-in-Training with PEO
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Able to work on weekends, nights, shift work, additional hours as required
- Proficiency with MS Office
- A valid Ontario driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Able to travel and work in Renfrew County
Eduction and Experience
A post secondary diploma or degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology / Technician or equivalent is an asset
Designation as determined by OACETT as a Road Construction Junior Inspector (rcji) Technology/Technician is an asset
Previous engineering/construction inspection experience is an asset
Candidate work primarily in the field on construction sites undertaking construction inspection for roadway contract projects within Renfrew County.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Organization : BC-1636 Transpt-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 13, 2023, 10:39:58 AM
Req ID: 23000152
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans