City : Victoria
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Construction Assistant - ( 2300054H )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists with Stantec for an Assistant Construction Supervisor. We are seeking a highly motivated person who will provide assistant project supervision for highway construction, including quality management, record documentation, survey and volume determination, cost control and reporting, inspection services for compliance with drawings, standards, and specifications.
The position's qualifications include the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with strong presentation skills; strong project/program management expertise; understanding of infrastructure design and construction and the ability to perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with the plans and designs of roads and structures, monitor site activities, verify on-site testing, and contract administration.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Experience in project supervision, ensuring consistency with BCMOT practices
- Knowledge of BCMOT Standard Specifications and major Works Construction Agreement, application, and interpretation consistent with Ministry practice
- Practical and technical knowledge of road construction including constructability, grading & paving
- Sound knowledge of Quality Management in project supervision services
- Assist in liaising with other consultants, other Ministries, individuals, and outside agencies
- Arrange, facilitate, and document project team meetings
- Manage individual road construction projects schedule and budgets
- Serving as the assistant client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Position will primarily work in a field office setting with travel.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have current experience in inspection/ supervision of highway road construction projects.
- Significant experience with road construction supervision and management of small and complex projects
- Experience with Quality Control / Quality Assurance Program development and implementation.
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related experiences.
- Minimum of 3-8 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $54,600 - $81,000 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 21, 2023, 2:17:33 PM
Req ID: 2300054H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans