Commissioning Supervisors – Electrical
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Electrical Commissioning Supervisors primary objectives will be to monitor, supervise, and drive the execution of electrical system commissioning, operation & maintenance of such systems, and plan, monitor, and drive execution of electrical activities in support of commissioning process systems. Electrical systems will include, but not limited to, power distribution systems in substations, E-Houses, and field auxiliary rooms, electrical heat tracing systems, substation automation systems, and electrical power consumers. Activity reports shall be submitted to commissioning superintendent – electrical for assigned work scope and progress. Duties include establishing detail electrical commissioning work plans coordinating with area commissioning supervisors and supervise Subcontractor electrical Commissioning crafts and vendor services to execute commissioning work.
Basic Job Duties:
• Plan, prepare, supervise and execute electrical commissioning work described in Inspection and test plan of commissioning (C-ITR) ), commissioning procedures, commissioning manuals, and commissioning support for electrical power distribution systems.
• Supervise and execute electrical commissioning work in support of commissioning of process systems described in Inspection and test plan of commissioning (C-ITR), commissioning procedures, and commissioning manuals. This includes (temporary) energization and isolation of power, application of temporary overrides and reinstatement of original conditions, and release after commissioning work complete in coordination with commissioning supervisors.
• Identify opportunities and propose any change/improvement/project experiences required in commissioning procedure and testing method during execution of Inspection and test plan of commissioning (C-ITR).
• Prepare detailed scope of works for vendor services and subcontractor activities for execution of Inspection and test plan of commissioning (C-ITR) including preparation work.
• Assign and/or supervise vendor services and subcontractor activities for execution of Inspection and test plan of commissioning (C-ITR) including preparation work.
• Supervise implement electrical system maintenance coordinating with LNGC Centurion team whole through commissioning and start-up phase including any routine and preventative maintenance of electrical equipment in SIMOPS of pre-commissioning, multi area commissioning and/or operation of utility.
• Notify electrical commissioning superintendent – electrical of any commissioning activities requiring involvement of Third Parties such as BC Hydro.
• Plan, Prepare, Supervise and Execute activities will include, but not limited to:
1. Functional testing Emergency Power Loadshedding Scheme
2. Functional testing of Substation Automation Supervisory System
3. Functional Testing of EHT Supervisory System
4. Support process system commissioning activities such as live running and testing of equipment and utility/process units
5. Electrical system Troubleshooting
6. Provision of tools and equipment with required calibration and test conformity
7. Replacement of faulty equipment with provided spares
8. Preparation input to NOI for electrical commissioning activities that require participation of Company (Witness and HOLD points as per ITP)
9. Coordinate safety equipment, flagging, personnel, barricades
10. Control energization and de-energization of electrical systems to enable and support commissioning of process systems
11. Hold and develop PTW documents including maintenance of isolations and overrides logs
12. Control energization and de-energization of electrical systems to enable maintenance and repairs
13. Provide technical guidance for electrical system preservation and maintenance