City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Collections Assistant - ( 230004WI )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 28,000 employees in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
Stantec is looking for a detail-oriented and proactive Collections Assistant to join our team. Working in collaboration with our entire accounting team, you will be responsible for preparing collection letters, processing payments, and updating software system with collections activities and payments. Under direct supervision, you will communicate with debtors, providing information regarding defaulted accounts, handling disputes, and preparing payment arrangements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform collections on all defaulted accounts, in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinate payment arrangements with debtors in accordance with the Corporate collections policy.
- Prepare and manage account correspondence including overdue, final and ad hoc notices.
- Field client inquiries on invoices and resolve issues using soft collection skills.
- Contact clients to resolve cash application issues, when required, and work with other Financial Services staff to communicate a resolution.
- Perform record retention responsibilities.
- Work with Stantec’s Project Managers and Project Accountants to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Verify initial client set up information or changes to ensure accurate billing details.
- Perform credit reviews using the Dun & Bradstreet software tool and provide comprehensive credit recommendations to mitigate any financial risk to Stantec.
- Develop and implement appropriate collection strategies as necessary (liens, outside collection agencies, etc.) in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Previous experience in a collection-related role(s), where success was demonstrated based on established metrics.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and principles.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision as well as work well in a team environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, vendors and employees throughout the organization.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in an office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP Software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of administrative processes.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Advanced expertise utilizing a Windows environment, including the full suite of Microsoft office programs, namely, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe/Reader/Writer.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Able to develop solid working relationships.
- A/E industry experience in a professional services environment preferred.
- Oracle experience is considered an asset.
Position will primarily work in an office setting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1205 Financial Services-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 5, 2023, 3:33:31 PM
Req ID: 230004WI
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans