Client Service Support Clerk
City : CAN - BC - Northern Region
Category : CHW-HELP
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Client Service Support Clerk
Location: Terrace - Northwestern BC, Canada
Employment status: Permanent - Part-Time
Salary band: $34,002 - $42,503 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Client Service Support Clerk to join our Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Client Service Support Clerk to support the HELP team; you will work with other team members and volunteers to provide high-quality service to Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) clients. The Client Service Clerk assists in promoting the service to the public.
As a Client Service Support Clerk you will:
- Support Client Service, Volunteer Management and Program Administration.
- Support short term loan program by providing customer service as needed when volunteer shortages exist within the geographic area.
- Responsible for receiving, processing, and tracking client service requests, meeting Red Cross standards for timeliness and quality.
- Receive and responds to inquiries regarding service provision; and program-specific and generic inquiries from clients, health professionals, and the general public
- Ensure HELP Client Service volunteers are effectively trained, recognized, and supervised.
- Coach and monitor Lead Client Service volunteers in their role as volunteer supervisors.
- Oversee the administration of volunteer records including training records.
- Compile and provide program statistics as required and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment.
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a 2-year post-secondary diploma in a related field, and a minimum of two (2) years experience in volunteer management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Client service experience.
- Knowledge and experience working in health programs.
- Experience in working with a diverse population and an understanding of cultural issues.
- Proficiency on Microsoft Office Suite; experience with databases and multi-line telephones are an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability, and flexibility to manage multiple priorities.
- Office environment.
- Work Days - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (21 hours per week)
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.