Class A – Gasfitter
City : Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Category : Trades
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: January 31, 2024
Are you looking to challenge yourself in the mining sector? We are looking for skilled ticketed trades people to join our fast paced and dynamic teams. If you are a great teammate with excellent interpersonal skills, then this is the role for you. Come work an attractive schedule with a rotation of day shifts and experience what work life balance is all about!
Reporting to the Processing Maintenance Supervisor, the Gas Fitter is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operation of plant equipment to maintain operational standards. This role supports in the design, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of pipe systems, appliances, equipment, and accessories in various sectors of the mine.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge in working with appliances and equipment that exceeds 400,000 BTUh, including boilers, burners, makeup air units, furnaces, process burners and various other gas-fired equipment!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain process piping and all HVAC units
- Perform regular preventive maintenance, diagnose and complete repairs on all HVAC units
- Maintain, create and record work order records
- Troubleshoot all system problems including disassemble and reassemble of system components
- Breakdown and repair natural gas burner systems
- Interprovincial Red Seal A Gas Fitter, certified in the province of British Columbia or willing to obtain prior to employment
- Valid Red Seal Journeyperson in HVAC Mechanics, Plumbing, Pipe Fitting or related trade with experience in a heavy industry setting
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems such as Microsoft Office®
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and project specifications
- Thorough knowledge of relevant industry codes
- Experience in a mining environment is an asset
We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, where year-round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. This position has multiple openings with a variety of schedules, allowing for plenty of work-life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company and we think you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to, base earnings plus the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
Base Earnings: $105,000 - $120,000
Base earnings include the hourly wage plus applicable shift premiums and will differ depending on location. It is calculated using a reasonably expected number of hours worked per year.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.