Civil Structural Engineer, Substation
City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Structural Engineer, Substation - ( 23000537 )
Stantec’s Power team in Burnaby BC is currently offering exciting opportunities for Civil/Structural Engineers to work on a variety of HV/EHV AC and DC substation projects throughout North America. As part of our positive and dynamic team environment, you will be engaging in a variety of engineering assignments to provide our clients with superior services. We provide career opportunities that are as unique as you
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop design plan, design report, design basis and design notes on assigned substation projects in accordance with applicable codes & standards.
- Conduct calculation and analysis to develop preliminary and detailed design by following internal QA/QC procedures at different engineering stages (IFR, IFT, IFF, IFC and Record Drawings) for green field or brown field substation projects.
- Site Preparation including access road, fence, grading, clearing boundaries, identification and removal of danger trees, etc.
- Drainage system
- Oil containment system
- Wooden and steel structures
- Cable trench and duct banks
- Develop technical requirement for fabrication tender package and construction tender package and evaluate the tenders from technical point of view.
- Review and approve equipment vendor drawings and structure shop drawings.
- Provide engineering support for proposals, estimating, procurement and construction.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines such as Survey, Geotechnical, Environmental, Physical, Mechanical, P&C, SCADA, Telecom, Architectural, Drafting, Document Control and project managers to successfully deliver projects.
- Performs mentoring and coaching to junior team members.
- Occasional travel to site locations is required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of SAP2000, MathCAD, AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit, etc,
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license or equivalent.
- Effective interpersonal skills (written, verbal) are a must with your interaction with multi-disciplinary teams, suppliers, contractors and clients.
- Ability to handle challenges and work under tight deadlines in multitasking environmental.
- Experience in Architectural discipline related to buildings is an asset.
- Candidates who do not meet the full requirements with fewer years of relevant experience may be considered at a Junior Engineer level.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering recognized by universities in Canadawith at least 5 years of proven direct detailed design experience related to high voltage substations for Utilities in North America.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with EGBC
Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home). Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $88,300 - $128,000 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-CA West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 21, 2023, 7:25:08 AM
Req ID: 23000537
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans