CAD Turnover Coordinator
City : Windsor, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA).
When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario.
This position provides leadership in evaluation, planning, organization, and execution of assigned project requirements. Reviews engineering drawings and specifications to implement and execute all related commissioning practices, tools, techniques, and programs to achieve contractual compliance. This position may serve as lead role on large complex projects or a support role on mega size complex projects worldwide.
• Confirm proper operation of all systems and equipment
• Promote efficient and cost effective site activities by providing ongoing assessment of personnel and current completions practices
• Confirm effective application of all tools, techniques and programs by maintaining strategic commissioning programs, including manuals, field reference guidelines, manufacturers’ recommendations, current equivalent completions program, standard industry practices, pre-commissioning programs, preventative and predictive maintenance, and computerized maintenance management systems
• Review system centric integrated project schedules and develop work plans to support project milestones
• Complete contract and Operating System Requirement (OSR)/Operating System Implementation Plan (OSIP) requirement by ensuring that the duties and responsibilities of the project contract are clearly defined, documented and followed by the Fluor team
• Stay current on applicable technical processes, methods, and best practices
• Other duties as assigned