Budget & Financial Analyst
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
BUDGET & FINANCIAL ANALYST:
($67,712.13 - $78,694.16 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting or the Manager, Financial Analysis and Reporting, the Budget and Financial Analyst prepares complex and comprehensive financial analyses and reports and participates in the annual budget process. He/she/they provides consulting services to staff in other departments in regard to managing, analysing and verifying financial data.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, accounting, finance, or in a relevant subject field.
- Considerable work experience in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment carrying out complex financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting functions.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of budgeting and financial reporting functions within the public sector environment.
- Considerable knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
- Considerable knowledge of accounting concepts and processes.
- Knowledge of government decision-making and policy development processes and structures.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and understand mission-critical corporate enterprise applications and IT systems (i.e. JDE1 and WebFOCUS).
- Ability to exercise attention to details with high degree of accuracy especially working with numbers and dollars.
- Ability to take initiative proactively and work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Strong research, analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.