BlackBerry QNX – Senior Technical Project Manager
City : Mississauga
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
Our Core Engineering team is seeking a Technical Project Manager (TPM) with recent experience in cross-functional project management and software development, particularly as it pertains to product and release management, ideally in the Embedded and RTOS Market. The successful candidate will plan, direct, manage, and coordinate the delivery and implementation of small to midsize projects within approved cost, schedule and resource limitations while ensuring total customer satisfaction.
- Works with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven flexibility and adaptability in management style is a requirement.
- Plans and ensures optimum use of shared resources; administers and monitors use against budget.
- Coordinates the compilation of required project records including plans, contracts, requirements & design documents, test plans & reports, and other technical data.
- Develops detailed schedules for small to midsize projects, detailing all activities required for successful completion.
- May support more senior TPMs on major & complex projects.
- Accountable for identification and mitigation of risk factors to drive successful completion of small to midsize projects.
- Arranges the distribution of work packages to the responsible function within the company and/or external contractors ensuring awareness of and commitment to project requirements.
- Monitors progress throughout the project cycle, ensuring cost and time constraints are met and acting to ensure problem resolution, as necessary.
- Interfaces cross-functionally within engineering with software developers, testers, documentation experts, functional safety managers, quality management, product management and others to drive the project.
- Interfaces with cross-department stakeholders including Finance, Marketing and Sales.
- May interface externally with customers and contractors in the context of a project.
- Proposes improvements to processes.
Required Skill and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 3 - 6 years experience in technical program/project management, ideally in the Embedded and RTOS Market.
- Skills in project planning and management, decision making, critical thinking, problem solving.
- Skills in effective leadership, innovation, analysis and communications.
- Experience with software implementation project management, planning and deployments in an AGILE or iterative environment.
- Experience with managing multiple concurrent projects with different time frames.
- 2-3 years experience as a software developer with experience in C, C++, Java, or other equivalents, knowledge of UNIX-based operating systems, ideally in the Embedded and RTOS Market. Systems engineering experience is an asset.
- Experience managing commercial software projects in the Embedded and RTOS Market.
- Any direct experience with QNX.
- Direct experience with implementing a software development organizations’ compliance to 2 of the 8 following quality-related standards:
- ISO 9001
- IEC 61508
- IEC 62304
- ISO/IEC 15504 ASPICE
- ISO 15408 Common Criteria
- ISO 26262
- EN 50128
- PMP certification would be an asset but is not required
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40