Associate Wealth Advisor & Financial Planner
City : VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
RBC Dominion Securities is a relationship-focused investment and wealth management firm that consistently ranks #1 in Canada. We are proud of our collaborative, supportive culture that enables success at every level and equips us to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
The RBC Dominion Securities Inc. downtown Vancouver office in Royal Centre is seeking an integral member of a successful and fast growing private client wealth management business. As an Associate Wealth Advisor & Financial Planner your role is to deliver customized financial planning advice and wealth management strategies to our High-Net-Worth (HNW) Clients.
As a valued and senior team member, you will be compensated for your contribution and responsibilities to the business. Candidates must have at least 3-5 years of experience dealing with HNW Clients as a Financial Planner and this is an on-site and in-the-office role.
What will you do?
- Provide bespoke financial planning advice and wealth management strategies
- Use proprietary software to prepare financial plans
- Work with the Portfolio Manager & Wealth Advisor and his team and with internal RBC planning experts (including Financial Planning, Estate Planning, Business Owner Planning, Trust Planning, Charitable Planning, Insurance Planning and other specialists) to prepare customized planning for the specific needs and objectives of our HNW Clients (this may include wealth preservation and transfer strategies, holding company strategies, executive compensation arrangements, individual pension plans, retirement compensation arrangements, gifting of securities, charitable planning, trust, insurance and other strategies)
- Liaise and work with the professional advisors of our HNW Clients to ensure the execution of the planning advice and wealth management strategies
- Develop the service plan for ongoing financial planning and wealth management advice
- Promote and support a work environment that inspires innovation, creativity and collaboration
What must you have to succeed?
- First class client service skills
- At least 3-5 years of relevant investment industry & financial planning experience with HNW Clients
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills – especially over the telephone
- Recognized Professional Designation (such as CPA, CA, FEA, CFA, CFP, LLB, etc.)
- Commitment to obtain CFP or PFP designation (if not already held)
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- IIROC licensed as a Registered Representative (RR) (or willingness to obtain)
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Resident of the BC Lower Mainland and legally able to work in Canada
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program which include competitive compensation and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
The expected salary range for the above position is $38,000 - $55,000 depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s experience, skills, registration status; market conditions; and business needs.
This position may be eligible to receive a discretionary/variable incentive payment.
RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
- Drives RBC’s high-performance culture
- Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
- Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
Job SkillsCustomer Service, Customer Service Management, Decision Making, Interpersonal Relationship Management, Investment Management, Investment Performance Measurement
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.