Associate Director, Credit Execution
City : Singapore, 01, SG, 048583
Category : Credit Analyst
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 190773
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Credit Execution team in Singapore ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- The Associate Director, Execution is responsible for contributing to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank’s Commercial Credit portfolio by performing financial solutions -related activities for clients including risk analysis, deal structuring, pricing, negotiation, and presentation on highly complex deals in concert with the Origination Team. The incumbent interfaces directly with clients at times, in partnership with the Origination team. As well, the Associate Director, Execution liaises with Global Risk Management (GRM) through the credit decision- making process.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Specific Accountabilities for Execution
- Contributes to the profitable development of Corporate Banking business by:
- Ensuring the timely analysis, structure and presentation of credit / financial solutions proposals;
- Providing prompt and sound recommendations in the analysis and adjudication of credit proposals in accordance with the Bank's established standards and procedures;
- Ensuring that writings to the Director/Associate Director(s), Origination clearly convey the rationale for decisions, so that they may respond effectively to clients;
- Recommending alternative terms, conditions and covenants to provide a viable banking proposal to the client within sound credit lending practices;
- Restructuring marginal proposals into bankable deals where possible/as applicable;
- Ensures the accurate communication of the terms and conditions of an authorization and supervises the effective and timely implementation of same by:
- Writing or reviewing all written authorizations to ensure accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Ensuring prompt follow-up for acceptance of the authorization and reacting swiftly to any problems, amendments, extensions, reporting to senior management where necessary;
- Promptly and effectively addressing issues surrounding the adequacy, quality and completeness of loan documentation and security;
- Liaising to ensure any required changes to the Director/Associate Director, Origination and follow-up for the accurate execution and delivery of same prior to disbursement of funds;
- Drafting offer letters for new credits/preparing and reviewing loan documentation for new bilateral/syndicated credits for the terms of credit approvals as well as for the applicability of appropriate legalities, negotiating same with lawyers, agent banks and borrowers so as to ensure adequacy, quality and completeness of loan documentation and security and that the Bank's interests under the general provisions of the credit documentation are adequately protected;
- Liaising to ensure any required changes to the Director/Associate Director, Origination and follow- up for the accurate execution and delivery of same prior to disbursement of funds;
- Ensure the ongoing quality of the assigned credit portfolio through control and administration of the specific conditions and reporting requirements as specified in individual authorizations are adhered to by:
- Directing and assisting the Executions Analysts/Credit Admin in the detailed evaluation of all information received, reporting deficiencies or any negative findings to senior management;
- Advising senior management of any credit weaknesses developing within individual accounts, by ongoing awareness and analysis of relevant financial, legal, political, technological, and industry information.
- Adhere to any regulatory and internal Bank policies and requirements;
- Maintaining adherence to the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering program and Guidelines for Business Conduct, by reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities per established procedures.
- Safeguards the Bank’s assets and liabilities by:
- Maintaining adherence to the Guidelines for Business Conduct, by reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities as per established procedures.
- Adhere to Bank and Branch Security Procedures with respect to assigned Authorities and responsibilities
- Executes the Branch Compliance responsibilities as reflected in the Branch Services and Procedures Manual by:
- Apply the Know your Customer (KYC) requirements including Customer identity, source of funds and the nature and volume of activity that is to be undertaken.
- Review customer transactions (for those accounts assigned to you) to ensure activity is appropriate for the type of business and the initial projected volumes as stated at opening date of account and/or volumes updated from that time.
- Assist in obtaining additional information from customers concerning unusual activity identified on the Account Monitoring Reports /Source of Funds Declarations / LCTR’s / Daily Significant Transaction Reports.
- In conjunction with the Branch Compliance Officer assist in the preparation of Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Provide guidance and direction to branch staff/direct reports, regarding AML/Compliance activities and initiatives that impact the commercial credit portfolio.
- Report any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to your Supervisor as soon as you become aware of it in conjunction with the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines.
Education / Experience / Other Information
The position demands in-depth knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies, practices, and procedures, as well as an awareness of business trends economic, technological, social, legal and political conditions and factors which could affect the viability of a credit. It also requires a good analytical mind with a solid knowledge and understanding of financial statements and accounting principles and policies for corporates in the Asia Pacific Region and the legal framework in the Asia Pacific countries, an up-to-date knowledge of the economic performances and the relevant regulations of the various countries and their respective business operating environment. It requires the incumbent to have good knowledge of the deals done in the market to appropriately price new loans. Because of large volumes and tight time frames, the incumbent must possess effective communication skills, both written and oral. In the administration of credit, complex loan documentation and security provision requirements must be understood and applied. The incumbent needs to be highly organized, analytical and logical person.
Location(s): Singapore : Singapore : Singapore
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.