City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
APPLICATION DEVELOPER(.NET DEVELOPERS):
($80,718.42 - $93,540.00 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Business Applications Development or Manager, IT Programs, the Application Developer is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software applications to support the achievement of business objectives. He/She/They researches, documents, and modifies software throughout the system life cycle. The incumbent works closely with internal departments to provide technical support to the end user community and resolve system performance issues.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering from a recognized post-secondary
- Considerable development experience in small to medium projects, IT solutions and services, designing operational reporting
applications, interacting with project managers, business analysts, as well as technical resources such as application
development team members and users, and complete lifecycle application development projects.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion; thrives when working under pressure to meet
- changing deadlines due to shifting priorities.
- Ability to effectively create and update technical and user manual documentation using good technical writing skills.
- Ability to work either independently and/ or part of a cross functional software development team.
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas; adapt effectively to new technologies.
- Ability to deal with confidential information using good judgement and discretion.
- Ability to present information effectively during presentations, demonstrations and project meetings.
- Sound knowledge and familiarity with the following software and languages:
- Azure Services such as Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Web App /services, Logic Apps, Power Platform,
SharePoint Online and Dynamics 365
- Designing and developing operational reports using Crystal Reports, Power BI, or Oracle BI Publisher
- Designing and developing database views, functions, and stored procedures in MS SQL Server or Oracle Databases
- Source control and branching software such as Microsoft Team Foundation or Azure DevOps
- SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Web Standards/Specifications, e.g. RESTful / Web API, MS Graph API
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact email@example.com to arrange a call.