Announcer/ Music Director
City : Lethbridge, AB, CA; Calgary, AB, CA; Saskatoon, SK, CA; Grande Prairie, AB, CA; Red Deer, AB, CA; Regina, SK, CA; Edmonton, AB, CA; Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Category : On-Air Talent
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a multi-talented broadcaster to be an afternoon drive announcer on 97.9 Rock - Fort McMurray (2pm-7pm MST).
You’ll need to be passionate about the Rock music format and creating content, a team player, someone who can network and keep a finger on the pulse of Fort McMurray and the Municipality of Wood Buffalo, be organised, and able to hold your own in front of a microphone.
97.9 Rock is the heritage radio station in this market – this is your opportunity to join a station that’s been an important part of daily life in the region for a very long time – come and be a part of our team.
What you will do...
- Host a daily on-air show full of relevant and compelling content for our target audience.
- Prepare, produce and perform an entertaining show that fits our brand values.
- Support the ideation of content for 97.9 Rock.
- Attend remote and promotional appearances.
- Create content and look for creative ways to communicate with the audience on social platforms.
- Brainstorm with the promotions team to come up with compelling concepts that satisfy the interests of the customer, the audience, and our brand.
- Deliver great voice work for our commercial producers & passionate about supporting our commercial initiatives.
- Voicetrack shows for other stations as necessary & directed.
- Be a communicator who’s comfortable getting in front of a mic and being real & open.
What you bring...
- Experience communicating with an audience.
- Creativity to generate ideas to contribute to the team.
- Openness to feedback and guidance. You know there’s always another level to reach.
- Experience with Wide Orbit Automation, Vox Pro, Music Master, Adobe Audition and Word Press, or a willingness to learn it quickly.
- Eagerness to learn; you’ll receive support and growth opportunities to build your career with us.
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 9912 Franklin Avenue (219), Fort McMurray, AB
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 297102
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media