AME – Avionics – Rotational or Resident
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Full time Aircraft Maintenance
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a licensed Avionics Technician (AME-E) with a background in large fixed wing aircraft. You are looking for an opportunity that leverages your experience and gives you more autonomy. In this role, you will provide day-to-day maintenance and troubleshooting support on aircraft Avionics.
Join the dynamic Summit Air team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today!
- Performs day-to-day on-aircraft Avionics troubleshooting and repair tasks
- Performs maintenance checks on Avionics systems including but not limited to communications, navigation, autopilot, Pitot-static, radar, AC & DC power distribution and aircraft lighting
- Carries out various installations on aircraft
- Operates Avionics test equipment including air data test set, navigation and communications, ATC ramp testers, and other electronic test equipment
- Performs all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable standards of airworthiness
- Ensures all paperwork for assigned tasks is complete and accurate before submitting to Crew Chief
- Identifies possible Service Difficulty Report (SDR) situations and reports to Crew Chief
- Troubleshoots faulty systems to determine a course of rectification
- Minimum 2 years’ licensed Avionics experience required
- Transport Canada AME ‘E’ License
- Previous experience on large transport category fixed wing aircraft; preference given to experience with ATR 42/72 and/or RJ85/Bae 146 series aircraft
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft systems
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting skills with good quality workmanship
- Excellent listening and communication, ability to work within a timeline
- Proven organizational and project management skills
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.