Administrative Assistant, Recruitment (Temporary)
City : Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: September 25, 2023
Reporting to the Coordinator, Recruitment, the Administrative Assistant, Recruitment is responsible for supporting our Central Recruiting team in all recruitment processes and assisting in the daily operations of the Central Recruiting office. This temporary contract is for an approximate 12-month term.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with outstanding problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills, who is comfortable with public speaking. The successful individual is organized, has exceptional attention to detail, and can work with integrity to professionally manage confidential material. You can work independently, as well as collaborate with a team, and is able to prioritize contending demands in a fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, enthusiastic, and collaborative team of professionals dedicated to providing outstanding candidates to fill vacancies across our operations.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the Central Recruitment team with full cycle recruitment activity, within a public facing, service oriented environment
- Schedule in-person and virtual interviews and arrange candidate travel following all safety guidelines
- Track Key Performance Indicators analytics and reporting
- Complete pre-employment requirements, such as detailed reference checks, and drug screen coordination and collection
- Manage requisition workflow, vacancy posting process, and external advertisement placement via our Applicant Tracking System, corporate website, and external job boards
- Ensure recruitment activities are carried out in compliance with Canadian law
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business, or other related field
- Experience working in a Recruitment or Human Resources environment
- Strong digital literacy and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite®
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.