City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Finance
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
Cineplex currently has an opening on our General Ledger Team for the position of Accountant, reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account journal entries and reconciliations on monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Provides detailed variance analysis for accounts.
- Present financial results to the larger accounting and finance leadership team.
- Collaborate with other accounting teams such as AR, AP and treasury to reconcile accounts.
- Provide support to operation teams by making adjusting entries and providing business insights.
- Provide support for different business projects and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or business field.
- CPA designation or close to achieving CPA designation. (This job offers the relevant practical experience in achieving CPA designation).
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Business analyst mindset: Consultative approach with internal stakeholder to solve business problem and drive changes to achieve strategic goals.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
- Previous experience working with PeopleSoft, Power BI, Oracle database are assets.
- Experience in working for public company (IFRS standard).
- Work experience as business analyst or data analyst.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong organizational, analytical, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to handle high pressure in fast paced team environment.
- Eager to learn and have a curious open mind.
- Attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated drive to improve processes with the use of technology.
- Demonstrated drive to better the business and process.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at email@example.com.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please