City : Kitimat
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Oil And Energy
Employer : Sodexo
Position: 3rd Cook
Wage: $23.35 per hour
Schedule: 14/7 Fly in Fly Out
Location: Kitimat, BC
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
Great communication skills, strong teamwork, and a positive attitude.
Passion for maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
The 3rd Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and special/catered events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other areas of responsibility.
- As a member of our food services team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while preparing or serving food to customers.
Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to guests.
- May produce food and serve guests at an a la carte, buffet, or grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal/provincial and corporate standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food, prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other items for consumption in dining areas.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry, or fish for culinary use.
- Taste’s products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- Will clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move, and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Growth, Development & Qualifications:
- Must have successfully completed a recognized pre-employment training course in cooking.
- 1-2 years experience in an industrial kitchen of at least 700-1000 persons.
- 1-2 years of experience with food preparation and cutting.
- 1-2 years of food preparation experience in a high-volume environment.
- 1 year experience using HACCP food safety processes.
- Must have good attendance record.
- Must have good disciplinary record.
- May be required to work day, split, or night shift.
- Personal and professional integrity, appearance, and demeanor.
- Embodies our value behaviors: Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and the Spirit of Progress.
- High School Diploma an asset but not required.
- Must have valid food safety certificate.
- May accept an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Serving Clients and Customers
• Analysis and Decision Making
• Quality Assurance and Safety
• Diversity Awareness
• Drive and Dependability
• Interpersonal Relations
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo Canada | Facebook