City : Stewart
Category : Full-time General Business
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
- Prepares and cooks meals for the buffet and a la carte service
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, provincial, and corporate standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- receives instructions on ingredients and methods, and cook’s food according to these instructions.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, and other items for consumption in dining areas.
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry, or fish for culinary use.
- Taste’s products, reads menus, checks production, and keeps records to accurately plan production requirements.
- Cleans and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Move, and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must have a Certificate of Qualification and not less than 5 years additional experience at the Journeyman level in a high volume (approximately 1000-5000 persons) camp or institutional setting
- Must be fully versed in production of the mother sauces, able to cook stews and casseroles, knowledge and skills in butchering and meat processing
- 3-5 years of experience with food preparation knife skills and excellent knife skills
- 3-5 years of food preparation experience in a high-volume environment
- 3-years’ experience using HACCP food safety processes
- May accept an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- May be required to work day or night shift
- Must undergo and pass a Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol Test TBD
- Personal and professional integrity, appearance, and demeanor
- Embodies our value behaviors: Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and the Spirit of Progress
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status r federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.