City : Stewart
Category : Full-time General Business
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact: As a member of our food services team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while preparing or serving food to customers:
- Will prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte station and or buffet station.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry, or fish for culinary use.
- Ensure all mandated production and HACCP data points are collected in your areas of responsibility.
- Ability to analyze reports from HACCP handheld thermometers.
- Ability to accurately choose corrective actions for out-of-range HACCP results.
- Submit label requests with accurate ingredient list and allergen icons Always provides the highest quality of service to guests.
- Taste’s products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- Will clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical and contemporary cooking, plating, and garnishing techniques.
- Follows complex recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, and other items for consumption in dining areas.
- Will assist with the supervision of kitchen personnel.
- moves, and lifts products and supplies and prepares meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Serves as a lead position in guiding and assisting in the training of less experienced cooks.
- Under minimal supervision or independently performs advanced cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Will have oversight over the production staff and assignment of tasks.
- May use production software to enter pre- and post-production data software.
- Will take inventory, and/or enter inventory into the production.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner. May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have an Interprovincial ‘Red Seal’ or certification from other international qualifying programs A minimum of 10 years’ experience as Journeyman level in a high volume (approximately 1000-5000 persons) camp or institutional setting
- Must have the ability to train, supervise and schedule staff
- Must have supervisory experience
- Must have professional experience with Microsoft office programs.
- Must have a basic knowledge of baking, sufficient to supervise bakery operations
- Must have working knowledge advanced kitchen management techniques
- 3-5 years of food preparation experience in a high-volume environment 3-years’ experience using HACCP food safety processes
- May be required to work day or night shift
- Must undergo and pass a Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol Test TBD
- Personal and professional integrity, appearance, and demeanor
- Embodies our value behaviors: Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and the Spirit of Progress
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status r federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.