Suncor is a globally competitive integrated energy companyWe are headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our operations include oil sands development, production and upgrading; offshore oil and gas; petroleum refining in Canada and the US; and our national Petro‑Canada™ retail distribution network (now including our Electric Highway network of fast-charging EV stations). We are developing petroleum resources while advancing the transition to a low-emissions future through investment in power and renewable fuels.
Commitment to DiversityOur goal is to create a great place to work for all by creating a work environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the organization’s performance while feeling safe, valued and respected.
This reflects a strongly held belief that organizational performance and social well-being are enhanced through a trust based and inclusive culture, and a diverse workforce.
To live up to our commitment, our initiatives and actions are focused on:
- building inclusive leadership skills as a core competency for all leaders
- fostering awareness, understanding and skills among all employees, to support a respectful and inclusive workplace
- supporting employee involvement in employee networks and other initiatives
- examining our processes to mitigate systemic bias and build a great place to work
- collaborating with industry and community partners to foster inclusion and reduce employment barriers
Employee inclusion networksOur six Employee Inclusion Networks are established by and for people with shared characteristics, ethnicities, interests or life experience, and those interested in supporting and/or learning more about ways to build an inclusive workplace. Our Prism network focuses on cultivating an inclusive work culture that values diversity, shares learnings and creates a safe space for people who are part of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, or who are allies
Members of Prism have the opportunity to better understand the benefits of a diverse workforce, as well as access to learning opportunities, discussions, experiences, and peer support.