Ville : Burnaby
Catégorie : Information Technology
Industrie : Insurance
Employeur : Pacific Blue Cross
About Pacific Blue Cross
Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for over 80 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. We provide health, dental, life, disability, and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our PBC Health Foundation, we fund projects that improve health outcomes directly related to mental health and wellbeing as well as the prevention and/or management of chronic disease. We are interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who are looking to grow their career with us.
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours of 7.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday (i.e., 37.5 hours per week).
- Paid vacation starts at 4 weeks per year, and increases with years of service.
- Generous benefits, including extended health, dental, and life insurance; depending on the plan that you choose, these benefit premiums can be 100% paid by PBC.
- Company pension contributions after 1 year of service.
- Education allowance to expand your knowledge and develop your skills.
- Onsite gym, cafeteria, and access to virtual doctors/counsellors 24/7 via our Employee Family Assistance Program!
About the Position
- We are searching for a permanent Network Specialist to join our Information and Technology Services team.
- PBCs compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is $85,000 – $110,000 per year; the base pay offered is based on market and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. The starting salary will be determined based on a combination of skills, education, and experience.
If you’re looking to take on a role that leads the effective deployment of network technology, distributed systems, and middleware and want to make a difference for healthcare in BC, we want to hear from you. This is a great career opportunity with a local not-for-profit health insurance provider where you would provide technical leadership and consulting from strategic decision making to project planning.
Your interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities ranging from IT asset management to technical issues and project related tasks will help Pacific Blue Cross provide sustainable healthcare.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and work-life balance. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, diversity and equality, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
This role is currently working 5 days a week from our head office in Burnaby, BC. Apply this week if you would like to take on this role.
Key Ways This Position Makes An Impact
The Network Specialist designs and implements strategic plans to ensure the network capacity meets the existing and future requirements.
This role reviews network design compliance with a heightened awareness of security policies.
In this role, you would conduct research on emerging technologies in support of network development efforts and network technologies by recommending technologies and an analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
You would review new and existing network design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance.
In this role, you would collaborate with the Network Architects to define requirements for complex network development and gain buy-in for network architecture plans.
You would oversee, create, and maintain documentation for network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
This role manages and sets priorities for the network design, network maintenance, development and evaluation of all network infrastructures including LAN’s, WAN’s, VM’s, internet, intranet, security and wireless implementations.
You would manage current systems and network infrastructure software including Check Point firewall, Palo Alto, F5, Active Directory, MS Exchange, and VMware.
A key for this role to provide Operational Support for all Network infrastructure and servers (physical and virtual), Backup and Storage Infrastructures within PBC’s Primary and Secondary Data Centres.
In this role you would implement systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets.
A responsibility of this role is to install and configure storage devices, disk arrays, and physical and cirtual tape libraries and corresponding software including IBM Spectrum Protect and IBM SANs.
This role provides Tier 3 support on IT related issues.
Key Experiences You Bring To This Role
- 5 years of related experience:
-designing and managing enterprise-wide LAN’s, WAN’s, WLAN’s, VPN’s, VM’s, virtual networks, etc.
-managing, developing and delivering strategic network architectural design and operational excellence.
-with AWS and/or Azure.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, networking physical layer technologies, information security systems (e.g., firewalls, IPS), network and system administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applied science (Computer Science, Information Technology, or Electrical Engineering), or an equivalent discipline.
If you’re excited about taking on this opportunity, we invite you to apply today and start the conversation with us about this position.
Please apply via our website this week at http://www.pbchbs.com/company/careers/
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
PBC is an Indigenous Works employer of choice, an Insurance Business Canada Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion award winner, one of Canada’s Greenest employers, a Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) employer partner, and a Pride at Work partner.
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
To request an accommodation in completing this job application, testing, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. These accommodation requests will be reviewed confidentially and, on a case-by-case basis by Human Resources.