CAYR Community Connections
17665 Leslie Street, Unit 12.
Newmarket, ON L3Y 3E3
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at www.cayrcc.org
Vision & MissionTo create safe, confidential, and inclusive spaces and services in York Region where people can access dignified support and meaningfully engage in self-determined pathways to well-being. We envision an informed, healthy, stigma-free, and compassionate community.
Who We Work WithWe offer specialized and combined programs for:
- People living with HIV/AIDS (newly diagnosed to long-term survivors)
- People affected by or at risk of HIV and Hep C
- People who use drugs
- People who identify as 2SLGBTQ+
- People supporting vulnerable and marginalized community members
- Inclusion: We cultivate an environment where individuals and communities can equitably and meaningfully achieve their full potential.
- Self-Determination: We uphold human dignity and the rights of individuals and communities to make informed choices.
- Well-Being: We nurture a holistic approach to well-being that includes physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspirations.
- Collaboration: We build upon the collective strengths of individuals and communities.
Our values are rooted in the principles of:
- Greater and meaningful involvement and engagement of people with lived experience of HIV/AIDS, drug and substance use, as well as 2SLGBTQ+ identified community members.
- Harm Reduction
Programs at CAYR Community Connections include:
- HIV Support and services
- Harm Reduction: support and services
- Rainbow Space: social support & inclusive spaces for folks who identify with the 2SLGBTQ+ community