Transmission Line Designer
City : Fort McMurray
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Transmission Line Designer - ( 220003YI )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or designing challenging crossing spans over glaciers, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Our transmission group has an opportunity for a Transmission Line Designer for any of our offices at British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Nova Scotia. Hybrid work model to work from home is possible. This opportunity is available to EITs (Engineer in Training), Technicians and Junior Designers. You will work on several power line projects under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/Designer. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your career as transmission line engineer.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Job requirement will include assisting the transmission team with engineering and design services of power transmission line projects from conceptual design through construction.
- Performs design/drafting following industry codes and client standards for the overhead transmission projects.
- Modeling and analysis of transmission line and structures based on LiDAR
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Perform site visit as required.
- Communicate and coordinate with client.
- Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Implements sustainable design principles.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiarity with PLS-CADD software
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Familiar with North American overhead power line industry standards
- Experience developing design drawings for transmission or distribution project
- Sound understanding of project management systems
Education and Experience
- Structural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or diploma from a recognized university. Technologists with significant design experience will also be considered for this role.
- Minimum 2 year of overhead power line (transmission or distribution) design and engineering experience within utilities, EPC or consulting organizations.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Alberta-Fort McMurray, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-Canada West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 17, 2022, 11:11:51 AM
Req ID: 220003YI
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans