City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3B4G7
Category : Interpreter and Translator
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 172339
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Our dynamic and friendly translation team is looking for a person interested in financial translation who is looking for a stimulating challenge.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Translate from English to French texts related mainly to finance, investments and economics from a marketing perspective, but which may also be related to banking, law or other fields from time to time.
- Translate and adapt high-profile financial texts for clients, as well as internal communications.
- Ensure clarity of style, use of Canadian financial terminology and respect for the message conveyed by the original text.
- Translate using translation aids and conduct the research necessary for a high quality translation.
- Juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates with the requestor as needed to obtain clarification of the mandate when all relevant details are not provided or when interpretation difficulties arise.
- Ensures the highest quality of service to clients by ensuring that all service level commitments are met or exceeded.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the department, particularly on team projects for large or time sensitive jobs.
- Contributes to the overall work environment and smooth operation of the department.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
- Three to eight years experience as a translator
- Excellent knowledge of French and English
- Thorough knowledge of the translation process (university degree in translation)
- Knowledge of finance, investments or economics
- Proficiency in translation tools and standard computer programs
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Accuracy and thoroughness: ensures that work is completed completely, correctly, and is of high caliber.
- Autonomy: Holds self accountable for the quality of work.
- Customer First: provides courteous and friendly service in a timely manner.
- Efficiency: demonstrates the ability to manage time and priorities well
- Teamwork: works effectively with other team members to achieve common goals; contributes to a positive work environment.
- Development: Keeps current by reading professional articles and journals; identifies and takes action on personal development needs.
Work Schedule: The work week is 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday.
As Canada's international bank, we are a diverse global team. Our employees come from over 120 countries and speak more than 100 languages. They are committed to providing a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales principles to ensure honesty and integrity.
We value the unique skills and experiences that everyone brings to the Bank and are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for all. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process (e.g., accessible interview location, alternate format materials, sign language interpreter or assistive technology), please let our recruitment team know. For technical support, click here. Applicants must apply directly online. We thank all applicants for their interest in Scotiabank; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.