City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Category : IT Team Leaders
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 141823
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Lending Technology Development team is primarily responsible for the applications that support’s Scotiabank’s loan system. The team’s primary business partners are Automotive Finance and Unsecured Lending. Scotiabank is one of the top automotive finance lenders in Canada and the Solution Architect role will be pivotal to drive the growth forward and maintain our leading position in the marketplace through delivering innovative solutions for our automotive partners and customers
The Technical Navigator ensures delivery of technically complex business solutions targeted at various business units. The Technical Navigator will lead one of the Agile Labs and coordinate development, delivery and support activities and ensures deliverables are of the highest quality while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging a team of technical staff.
Is this role right for you?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads the execution of day-to-day project and maintenance/support work efforts and meeting customer expectations for contracted time, cost and specification definitions.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for managing releases comprising of multiple implementations of one or more applications end to end ensuring all the gates such as on time development, security and QA are followed. This includes ability to manage Operational Readiness and respective approvals, Architecture Review Board triage submissions and LETs (with the support and supervision of the Senior Manager Dev). Responsible for ensuring test and release environments are all aligned and in sync, there is no room for error in this as any slight error can take away team’s productivity and ability to meet the critical product release/implementation deadline.
- Schedules and manages daily huddle, establish and own the production support roster / change calendar (Changes which can impact service continuity and require health checks etc.)
- Builds and maintains solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project management, technology, business lines and all other stakeholders.
- Accountable with respect to prod support and attending to emergencies with ability to act as a Senior Manager’s delegate.
- Ensure Agile and Lean best practices are applied to software development and architecture creation
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Computer Science/Engineering background an asset
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skills and proven ability to influence management and teams
- Act as a role model, fostering team collaboration and engagement that leads to fast results and greater customer satisfaction
- An acute attention to detail while demonstrating the ability to thrive in high pressure/deadline
- Flexible and open, able to work in a highly collaborative and changing environment
- Maintains current knowledge of technology / industry trends as well as a passion for continued learning and acquisition of new skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership and coaching enabling junior team members to thrive
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.