Technical Business Analyst Advisory
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 141018
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Job Title: Technical Business Analyst Advisory
Purpose of Job:
The incumbent, under general direction, is responsible for the implementation of business applications and resolution of complex business problems for the assigned Lines of Business.
This includes managing the department/unit’s systems and systems enhancements for multiple small and large projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to all assigned units worldwide.
The incumbent formulates and defines systems scope and objectives, based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements for the assigned Lines of Business.
Provides technical support leadership for resolving hardware/software problems and enhancing system applications. Includes analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements and translating them into proper systems requirement specifications.
1. Independently support the implementation of business applications to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business, by applying their technical, analytical, and financial knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
2. Manage multiple small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement technical solutions to business problems. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
3. Leads the systems implementation process by defining system enhancements, business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
4. Provide business support to all units Globally, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad-hoc queries and MIS, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements. This is made more challenging, due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept well-informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately for timely resolution.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented and highly motivated individual, with very good analytical skills, to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
The incumbent must have proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, needed to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both users and senior management. These skills, along with the incumbent’s good time management and organizational skills, will allow the incumbent to effectively manage small projects while planning and scheduling resources within those projects to optimize productivity.
The incumbent must also possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
A recognized under-graduate degree – along with 4 to 6 years of practical experience in a Project Management or Senior Business Analyst role.
What the incumbent must bring to succeed:
• Creative problem-solver, with ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, to liaise between project stakeholders and senior management.
• Experience with Cloud Technologies.
• Knowledge of SQL and Database technologies.
• Knowledge of Telecom Technologies (VPN, Networks, etc.,).
• Knowledge of Common Security Practices (Key Ceremonies, Cryptography Standards).
• Financial Management Abilities (Gathering Project Estimates, Tracking Spend-to-Date, Forecasting).
• Experience with Transaction Processing and Networks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Back-End Hosts, IST Switches, Acquiring, POS Terminals).
• Experience with Mobile Banking and Rewards Programs.
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.