Team Assistant, WTHS Program
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
TEAM ASSISTANT, WOMEN'S TRANSITION HOUSING & SUPPORTS PROGRAM:
$45,449.88 - $51,540.17 Annually
Reporting to the Director, Women’s Transition Housing & Supports Program (WTHSP), the Team Assistant, Women’s Transition Housing & Supports Program, provides administrative support to the WTHSP team to ensure the effective portfolio administration and development, delivery, and advancement of programs and initiatives. He/she/they performs general administrative and operational support functions and acts as the administrative liaison working with internal and external stakeholders
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school diploma plus completion of post-secondary courses in office or program administration or other relevant fields
- Sound experience in office administration
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of housing programs particularly for women and children who have experiences violence or are at risk of violence
- Sound knowledge of government and non-profit social services societies and the services they provide
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration
- Ability to manage files and organize confidential documentation
- Ability to prepare reports and correspondence
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and sound judgement when dealing with a variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships with a broad range of organizations and individuals
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment
- Ability to be highly organized managing multiple responsibilities while ensuring accuracy and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Ability to learn and understand new and emerging IT systems related to the operation of large government organizations
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
- Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.)
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.