City : Manitoba, MB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Supervisor Production you will ensure safe, cost effective to lead in track repairs as well as replacing rails, ties, switches and ballasts in assigned locations.
- Ensure the application of CPKC safety practices, policies and procedures by unionized employees
- Set work priorities and objectives on a daily basis and makes recommendations to the Roadmaster
- Ensure that all maintenance performed on the assigned territory complies with current standards; confirm that the track is safe for authorized train speeds or is protected accordingly
- Organize and supervise the selective renewal of various track components in a productive manner
- Execute work in a manner consistent with the labour agreement for Production Crews
- Manage transportation operations, including compliance with safe work procedures and practices as well as deliver a high level of productivity and customer service
- Lead people with clear direction and goals and provide coaching and guidance to employees through regular monitoring of employee performance
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of six years of continued progress and proven record in track work, which includes at least two of the following
- Five years working in Basic Track Maintenance, preferably as a Track Maintenance Foreman
- Two years working as Supervisor or Foreman of a large work crew
- One or two years as a Machine Operator on various track machines would be beneficial
- Demonstrates capability to understand and apply relevant track standards and practice circulars
- Demonstrated the ability to work safely; has a clean safety/performance record
- People leadership
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CPKC. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CPKC’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol, and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required. This includes candidates participating in the Trainee Program who will also be required to pass a drug test during the training process before receiving final qualification for the position.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Driver’s License Verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Req ID: 102148
- Department: Engineering
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Manitoba wide
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 80-90%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: Level 5
- Job Available to: Internal & External