Sr. Project Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY
As a Senior Project Manager, you will manage project(s) delivery as part of a product within Finance IT execute & improve current governance across Finance IT . You will be required to plan, direct and coordinate activities of assigned project(s) (within the product) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished within approved timeframe, scope and budget. This will involve managing deliverables for the overall product, while Liaising with external vendor to ensure optimum produce delivery and issue resolution. We are looking for someone who can create a culture of transparency, trust, and teamwork and help our teams reach their potential.You will be expected to carry out all responsibilities in accordance with Code of Conduct, RBC Values and Guiding Principles ensuring adherence to Privacy principles.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
• Plans and manages project deliverables including managing scope, requirements changes, multiple and competing demands and priorities as well as determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk using appropriate fact-based metrics / assumptions.
• Works with Senior Business / Product / Technology Owners to ensure that the deliverables achieve the business result that enables value creation.
• Seeks out industry trends and organizational knowledge to understand alternative approaches and/or solutions.
• Facilitates and/or manages the gathering of business requirements as needed.
• Develops integrated baseline program plans with interlocking individual project plans applying estimated models; documents estimating assumptions, refines plans and manages performance against them.
• Determines quality standards and oversees the execution / production of management documents.
• Identifies and manages project costs and budgets anticipating operational and tactical risks.
• Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, removes barriers, resolves project issues and escalates to immediate manager when required.
• Facilitates schedule and cost forecasting; mentors project managers/team members in determining risk based provisions.
Governance, Compliance and Risk Planning:
• Executes and improves defined governance and oversight of product and interrelated project streams.
• Conducts project(s) in accordance with RBC Financial Group’s standard project management discipline
• Anticipates and quantifies tactical, operational and strategic risks applying risk-based approach to forecasting.
• Oversees project closure initiatives. Ensures projects follow established standards including delivery life cycle methods, IT Risk and compliance due diligence is applied and meets audit requirements.
• Timely engagement with RBC specific regulatory, certification, compliance, finance, operational risk, supplier management, and other specific local or enterprise wide business processes, as determined by financial implications of the project’s
Communications and Stakeholder Management:
• Manages product communications including status reports to executives, stakeholders, business units, vendors, project team, etc.
• Provides senior management with timely updates on program issues/risks. Identifies resources and skills required.
• Supports external vendors and third parties (consultants, off-shoring, outsourcing) and manages the relationships at the project level.
• Provides superior client experience and strengthens relationships with all key stakeholders.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
Project management knowledge including plan development; scheduling methodology; project metrics gathering, analyzing, and reporting; risk and issue assessment and quantification methodologies; cost/benefit analysis and alternatives identification; budgeting, financials and benefits management.
Strong communication skills
Experience managing projects with high level of value ($1MM to $5MM) and a high level of complexity and uncertainty
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
Experience working in the Financial/Insurance industry
Past experience with accounting platforms
Past experience with managing vendor products
Strong experience in managing global teams
Experience with Iterative Waterfall methodology
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
A world-class training program in financial services
Flexible work/life balance options
Opportunities to do challenging work
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.