Senior Technical Project Manager
City : Mississauga
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® – the iconic brand you know and trust – is now a market-leading cybersecurity software and services company.
Today, BlackBerry already secures more than 500M endpoints including 195M cars on the road. Through independent research, Frost & Sullivan determined that BlackBerry is well-positioned to secure all IoT endpoints, and upwards of 96% of all cyber threats in the current landscape (read the Frost & Sullivan Assessment). BlackBerry is leading the way with a single platform for securing, managing and optimizing how intelligent endpoints are deployed in the enterprise, enabling our customers to stay ahead of the technology curve that will reshape every industry.
Named by Cybersecurity Ventures as 1 of the top 150 companies to watch, our top customers include all the G7 governments, 9 of the top 10 global financial institutions & automotive OEMs, as well as the largest global aerospace, defense, healthcare, and media companies.
Come join us as we deliver ‘Intelligent Security. Everywhere.’
Senior Technical Project Manager
As part of the Enterprise Software and Value Added Solutions Business Unit, the Principal Technical Project Manager will be responsible for driving project strategy, leading the teams to build project schedules and plans, executing on those plans and, delivering on the objectives, projects and programs of the business unit. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a solid background in large-scale enterprise software development who can leverage that experience to apply sound critical thinking and judgment to a broad set of operational challenges associated with running large-scale projects and programs.
- Work closely with executive stakeholders and senior management decision-makers to align project, program and organizational goals and objectives
- Manage and promote effective key strategic internal and external relationships with project stakeholders, senior management and delivery teams
- Work closely with director, manager peers, and project manager peers to coordinating meetings, driving appropriate decisions to ensure assigned products or product components get delivered on time and that sufficient risk mitigation strategies are built into the plan/schedule
- Plan, organize, lead and monitor the activities of the project teams while maintaining overall control of the program schedule and the delivery of all expected deliverables
- Perform risk identification, assessment and management throughout the entire lifecycle of the project
- Turn data into insights with supporting conclusions and recommendations
- Work closely with Product Management and Product Owners to ensure requirements are well understood, documented and tracked
- Work closely with the development team leaders to ensure work is sized and scheduled with the development teams into a realistic project plan
- Provide regular visibility (written and verbal) into end to end program status and metrics
- Keep lines of communication open among all project stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement through retrospectives
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will have a passion for quality & excellence and will promote the same from their project team. They will demonstrate excellent leadership skills and the ability to guide the team(s) to deliver innovative solutions. They will be a strong proponent of bridging knowledge between groups throughout the organization.
- Minimum 8 years experience with BS/BA or 7 years experience with MS/ MA or Ph.D.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience in program and project management through the full project lifecycle
- Experience with Project Management methodologies and application of Scrum, Agile principles
- Experience working in an Agile environment as a Scrum Master
- Expertise in using JIRA, Confluence, MS Office and MS Project
- Worked within a distributed organization both geographically and cross-organizationally
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate the team in a cross-functional environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation and team building
- Keen interest and passion for delivery and customer satisfaction, driven by the ability to see the "big picture"
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key product stakeholders
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a level-headed approach, and to effectively leverage and balance workload of available resources
- Apply innovative, creative and conceptual thinking as needed to analytical tasks
- Motivated, resourceful, team player
• PMP certification or equivalent
• Enterprise Software development experience – preferably in multiple roles like software development, testing, and/or support functions
• Familiarity with BlackBerry Enterprise Suite of software or equivalent applications
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40