Senior Technical Project Manager
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Technology
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Does working with some of Canada’s most versatile minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology & Analytics powers game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well. #LI-Hybrid
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, fosters a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology gives you the chance to excel, and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Senior Technical Project Manager, Brampton ON
Loblaw Technology and Analytics is actively seeking to hire a Senior Technical Project Manager who will support the delivery of technical solutions integral to the success of PC Optimum, one of Canada’s 10 most recognized brands. Reporting to Director, Technology Delivery, you will play a key role in driving accountability, giving direction, and the successful delivery of each project.
What You'll Do
- Lead cross-functional project teams independently, demonstrating initiative and self-direction, while proactively identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including Project Plans, Stakeholder Registers, RAID logs, Weekly Updates, SteerCo updates, and Project financials, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Utilize Jira proficiently to create project boards, user stories, and facilitate Agile metrics measurement, optimizing project management practices such as Velocity, Story Points per Sprint, and Escaped defects.
- Identifying areas of improvement and incorporating new processes/templates to enhance planning and execution efficiency.
- Demonstrate self-initiative in project leadership while navigating ambiguity adeptly and guiding teams towards actionable solutions
What You Bring:
- Seasoned Project Manager: Demonstrating autonomy and leadership by taking initiative and directing cross-functional project teams effectively, drawing from a wealth of experience in driving project success independently.
- Meticulous documenter: Ensures accuracy and completeness in project documentation through meticulous attention to detail, honed over years of managing complex projects.
- Agile proficient: Utilizes Jira adeptly to optimize Agile methodologies and measure project metrics, leveraging extensive experience in Agile environments.
- Innovative problem-solver: Constantly identifies opportunities for process improvement and efficiency enhancement, reflecting a proactive approach to project management refined through past experiences.
- Ambiguity navigator: Skilled at navigating uncertain situations and guiding teams toward actionable solutions with self-initiative, leveraging a track record of overcoming challenges and delivering results.
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a phenomenal team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity where differences are valued and supported. Commitment to being an equal opportunity employer is a priority to us, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs.
Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.