Senior Solutions Architect
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175330
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Technologies Applications (GTA) is the fast-moving, award-winning technology engine that powers Scotiabank’s Corporate, Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets businesses. We are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect.
The Senior Solutions Architect ensures that the applications architecture and infrastructure supporting major, highly complex applications are designed to meet evolving business requirements and meet standards for reliability, scalability and availability. The incumbent will provide architecture and technology guidance on all projects to ensure consistency in approaches and to optimize technology synergy. The Solutions Architect also provides expertise and counsel ensuring technology teams and business areas understand all the options and technology choices in support of their business. The Solutions Architect is a technology and business expert with strong leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to influence others
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Acts as a thought partner for senior leaders across the group – within the context of strategic technology projects and on an ongoing basis.
- Recommends end-to-end technology design solutions and takes full accountability for the architecture of a solution.
- Lead a wide range of technology strategy initiatives such as Applications rationalization, Cloud Migration, Legacy modernization. Synthesize findings and present clear recommendations and roadmaps ensure impactful project outcomes to senior leaders within GBM.
- Ensures simplification of the technology application landscape there by achieving efficiency gains in terms cost, revenue and resources while ensuring uncompromised delivery of business value to clients.
- Keeps the Bank safe by ensuring right technology, architecture, data, and infrastructure choices are made that prevents malicious attacks against the Bank’s technology infrastructure.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- 12+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the Capital Markets domain
- Experience with structured Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premises to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly distributed global based systems. Experience in network infrastructure, security, data, or application development.
- Experience in modernizing legacy systems or similar transformational initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.