At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Global award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors delivering high-profile, complex projects while all exceeding our client's expectations. Creative, collaborative and passionate in approach creating accountability and stainability.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, lead and control the integration of all work packages / areas and disciplines within the project efficiently and effectively.
- Project Management leading technical direction, stakeholder management, communication plan, resources (internal/external) management and execution of overall client initiative with an integrated team approach.
- Completion of all project deliverables on schedule and budget as guided by the approved contract/changes.
- Managing change in scope, schedule, risks and costs against the project baseline.
- Interaction with project controls and associated reporting.
- Regularly interface with the client regarding project status updates and expectations.
- Ensuring that all designs incorporate safety, health, environmental and quality elements for the construction and operation of all components of the work.
- Develop and provide project status updates as well as budgetary information and remediation plans where necessary as laid out in the project performance criteria.
- Account and stakeholder management maximizing business opportunities within client accounts.
- Leading the development and progressing of the engineering schedule and supporting the interface with the procurement and construction schedule.
- Supporting the execution of the tender to award process, and data review for procurement and contract packages.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven understanding of detailed engineering and key interfaces with procurement and construction activities.
- Proven understanding of projects controls systems, and cost control practices.
- Lead Project Manager role in projects with capital expenditure of $1BM plus.
- Leadership of project teams from various disciplines. Proven engineering expertise and competency in Mining projects and associated facilities.
- Familiarity with Canadian jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Willingness to travel to client offices/sites and other Stantec offices as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s in engineering with Professional designation.
10 years plus project management experience including successfully leading large and complex projects
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001PJ