Senior Metallurgical / Welding Engineer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion, and allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!.
We are currently seeking a Senior Metallurgical / Welding Engineer to join our team. This position has excellent growth opportunity, assisting individuals to develop with the support of senior metallurgical engineers, technical experts, and lead mechanical engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide metallurgical support to the project teams by applying knowledge in the various types of materials used in the oil and gas and chemicals sectors, including an understanding of their applications and limitations.
• Provide welding support to the project teams by applying knowledge of welding processes and industry welding codes (ASME, AWS, API, DNV, NACE etc.) to specific piping and equipment applications and services.
• Support procurement activities by providing input to requisition packages and technical bid evaluations for piping and equipment.
• Support piping and equipment fabrication activities by reviewing Vendor welding and non-destructive examination procedures and reports. Collaborate with Vendor specialists in resolving metallurgy and welding non-conformances.
• Perform metallurgical failure investigations and studies for operating facilities, and issue recommendations for corrective and preventative actions.
• Collaborate with other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on resolution of complex metallurgy and welding problems.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the areas of materials of construction, degradation mechanisms and flaw and damage identification in order to address problems with the latest technology available.
• Assist the Metallurgy and Welding Group Leader with training and development of junior and intermediate personnel.