Senior Mechanical Engineer- Mining & Metals
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
The mechanical group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design, and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, other disciplines, vendors, and contractors in our taskforce is essential.
The successful candidate can expect growth and career opportunities including leading and supervising diverse project teams.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as a Senior Mechanical Engineer for mineral processing facilities such as copper concentrator or gold refinery projects, in either feasibility study, EPCM or EPC phases.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Prepare design criteria
• Prepare specifications and perform technical bid evaluations for major and minor mineral processing equipment.
• Lead in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform complex slurry and solution hydraulic calculations
• Solve complex engineering problems.
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to complex problems in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned