Senior Material Handling Mechanical Engineer
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Material Handling group of Fluor’s Mining and Metals business line is involved in all aspects of design and mechanical engineering of large scale belt conveyors, crushing and screening stations, bulk material storage and reclaim solutions, and ship and rail loading and unloading facilities for the mining industry. The successful candidate will lead mechanical engineers and CAD designers and be responsible for creating a suitable facility which may encompass some or all of the above scopes to support clients’ Projects. This position will require understanding of bulk material handling, advanced knowledge of conveyor circuit design, and experience in studies and detailed engineering projects.
Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
• Develop material handling design of crushing and screening facilities - select and size equipment
• Size storage stockpiles and bins and design reclaim arrangements
• Design conveyors including performing conveyor calculations and deciding drive and take-up details
• Develop and review various material handling equipment specifications, including material handling design criteria
• Review and approve vendor lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders and review substitutions for technical acceptability
• Lead the review effort for vendor equipment documentation for purchased equipment
• Be accountable for discipline engineering budget, schedule and quality for all phases of projects
• Author trade off study reports which compare technical and commercial aspects culminating in recommendation of an option
• Participate in people development through mentoring and coaching.