Senior Manager, Statutory Transfer Pricing
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Finance | Accounting
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
- Lead a team to ensure STP’s compliance and adherence to regulatory and internal controls.
- Lead and develop improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and controls in STP activities.
- Manage efforts to support the execution of global projects across the Implementation and Policy Management and Compliance teams within the RBC STP group.
- Manage and create responses to queries from internal and external parties that demonstrate RBC’s compliance with internal and external policies, laws and regulations, as the case may be.
- Develop and maintain the overall governance framework/process for the STP group globally.
What will you do?
- Lead the information gathering process for audit queries by working with the business, finance, legal, compliance, and taxation groups to efficiently obtain information requested by internal and external auditors and other parties, as the case may be.
- Together with the STP Policy, Management & Compliance as well as STP Implementation teams, create and maintain audit ready support, with properly referenced files demonstrating transfer pricing methodology used and amounts booked, to demonstrate RBC’s end-to-end view of STP activities.
- Manage & lead efforts to support the execution of enterprise wide STP projects or improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain the framework and governance structure for the STP team in accordance with the defined operating model.
- Develop analysis and reporting for transfer pricing transactions.
- Recommend areas for simplification and efficiency to the team. Develop and implement key controls on how to ensure team processes run smoothly.
- Ensure that employees understand RBC vision, as well as support and reinforce targeted behaviors that contribute to RBC goals and business priorities.
- Provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5 years of audit/finance/transfer pricing experience at an accounting firm, financial services organization and/or relevant industry experience
- Strong project management and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and manage numerous priorities simultaneously in an organized manner.
- Experience with the operational aspects and understanding of the end-to-end transfer pricing process.
- Working knowledge of Canadian tax laws and overview knowledge of TP laws where RBC operates.
- Knowledge of RBC financial reporting systems
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.