Senior Manager, Program Analysis
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
SENIOR MANAGER, PROGRAM ANALYSIS:
($99,429 - $116,975- Annually)
Reporting to the Director Program Planning, the Senior Manager Program Analysis is the subject matter expert on the history, intent and operational requirements of provincial and federal housing programs and works collaboratively across the Commission to lead the development and implementation of new programs and other program-related initiatives. He/she/they leads a team of program analysts in researching, evaluating and developing programs, the accompanying program-related policies, frameworks, procedures, resources and tools, as well as program implementation strategies for new and revised programs. The position also leads the analysis of housing providers and projects at risk of failure and works closely with staff from other business areas to support and develop feasible solutions for providers requiring assistance planning for subsidy expiry or requesting financing for capital repairs or upgrades. The role consults and liaises with Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), Ministry staff, housing providers and other external agencies, and works closely with legal counsel and project development teams on a wide variety of business and legal issues.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in planning, public policy, business, finance, investment, urban land economics, asset management or other relevant fields.
- Considerable senior-level experience in housing program and policy analysis, housing provider portfolio analysis, business and property risk analysis, and interpretation of complex agreements and financial reports.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of Federal-Provincial housing agreements (including the Social Housing Agreement), and the social housing programs at both the federal and provincial levels.
- Considerable knowledge of housing project risk management, revenue and expense analysis, and financing.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of risk modelling, and the ability to assess risk and develop a comprehensive risk profile for housing providers, projects and portfolios.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the financial and operational aspects of social housing developments involving multiple projects, housing programs, service delivery approaches, agreements and partners.
- Knowledge of service delivery models and issues relating to vulnerable populations with complex needs.
- Ability to learn and understand the legislation, organization, and policies relating to BC Housing and CMHC.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with the Executive, senior management, government, housing partners and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to analyze and re-design standards for programs where appropriate.
- Strong ability to think conceptually, analyze and solve complex issues, exercise sound judgment and make effective decisions/recommendations.
- Ability to relate effectively with all levels of staff, other agencies, societies and the public.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, co-ordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to foster and create a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate staff in a multi-stakeholder team environment.
- Effective leadership, consultative, facilitation, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing, editing and public presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially in spreadsheet and word processing, and an ability to learn and understand mission-critical corporate enterprise applications
- Effective consensus-building, problem-solving, and conflict-resolution skills.