Senior Manager, Corporate Credit
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 158483
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Senior Manager, in Global Risk Management Corporate Credit Central, you will be responsible for managing credit adjudication activities for a portfolio of corporate customers spanning a wide range of industries (including Diversified Industries Europe, Transportation, Aerospace, Transportation Infrastructure, Chemicals and Forestry) with exposure to significant deal flow that is diverse in terms of structures and risks. Through collaboration with Banking partners, you will contribute to the sound asset growth and profits of the Bank by performing in-depth risk assessment, ensuring requests are properly analyzed and adjudicated in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures, data validated, and effective recommendations made in facilitating decisions within requested time frames (accelerated at times). You will also facilitate credit adjudication for assigned industry groups or geographic regions and ensuring that new underwritings are in compliance with established guidelines and limits.
What you'll do in this role?
- Perform credit analysis and adjudicate on a portfolio of accounts through the review of pertinent financial and industry information and perform in depth risk assessment on incoming credit applications.
- High level of collaboration with Banking partners to ensure key risks are identified and addressed appropriately through the credit adjudication process, including with other stakeholders to achieve optimal effectiveness and efficiency in meeting client needs as well as operational and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure prompt and timely adjudication of credit applications and ensure that all relevant information needed to make an informed credit recommendation has been presented.
- Provide recommendations to senior executives, present and participate in discussions at Senior Credit Committees ensuring the Bank is adequately protected.
- Undertake industry / subsector analysis and lending guideline policy reviews for submission to senior executives including preparation of annual Industry Reports for various coverage industries.
- Alert credit portfolio management to unsatisfactory trends in lending practices, early identification of problem loans and ensure accuracy of risk ratings through identification of changes in account quality (via review of industry/economic trends and general news flow). Assess strategies and restructuring proposals for problem loan accounts or accounts of concern which require closer monitoring.
- Develop a high degree of industry knowledge/expertise and ensure the ongoing quality of the credit portfolio through the review of industry publications, staying abreast with current financial news, assessment of financial reporting packages, and discussions with Banking officers.
- Increasing use of data analytics to monitor and assess the portfolio, underlying trends, and application in credit adjudication.
What we're looking for?
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business or related. MBA, CFA or CPA designation is an asset.
- Self-motivated, results focused, team player with strong learning ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and organization skills to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of credit risk policies, products and processes is an asset.
- Previous credit risk experience is an asset.
- Understanding of financial statements and cash flow analysis with strong analytical ability.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
This position is located Downtown Toronto at 40 King St West.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.