Senior Legal Advisor
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Legal
Employer : National Bank
In a career as a Senior Legal Advisor in the Legal Affairs - Corporate Financing sector at National Bank of Canada (the “Bank”), you will help improve the client experience by giving expert advice, adding value, and being proactive.
The sector’s mission is to be recognized as a leader and business partner that leverages its expertise to respond proactively and efficiently to the legal needs of its internal partners by offering solutions adapted to their specific business context while playing a strategic role in managing legal risk.
If you are passionate about customer service and commercial financing and would like to put your knowledge to great use, then this challenge is for you!
- Act as a legal advisor to the Creative Industries – Commercial Banking sector based in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. More specifically:
- Understand business issues, identify internal partners’ and clients’ needs, and suggest strategies, taking into account the varied nature of files, to ensure that transactions are completed, and the Bank is protected
- Draft financing documents (credit agreements, third-party agreements) and any other related documents
- Negotiate with various external parties involved in transactions, specifically legal advisors representing clients, diffusers, distributors, producers, and government entities connected to the creative industries
- Identify financing-related legal risks, propose solutions to mitigate these risks, and provide legal and operational advice to internal partners
- Issue and draft legal opinions in commercial law, corporate finance, and securities
This position reports to a Senior Manager. We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer a hybrid (remote and in the office) work model, work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance, and flexible leave that you can take when it's important to you.
Want to learn more about the position? Feel free to contact the manager.
- Completed bachelor’s degree in law and 6 years of relevant experience in corporate financing or completed master’s degree in a related field and 4 years of relevant experience
- Member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires
- Knowledge of common law, an asset
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Ability to offer efficient and quality service to business partners
- Ability to understand clients’ needs while protecting the Bank’s interests from a legal standpoint
- Ability to manage priorities and a large volume of files with very short deadlines
- Knowledge of the creative industries (cinema, television, video games), an asset
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic