City : Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver
Category : Temporary
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
This role reports into Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and will be mainly responsible for preparing and analyzing results and trends, month-end reporting, forecasting & budget. This role requires skillful collaboration and partnering with cross-departmental stakeholders, presentation of monthly financial & operational results with detailed variance analysis and KPI development. Please note that this is an 18-month temporary position.
A typical day
• Development and presentation of monthly financial reports and analysis for wireless revenue and expenses with strong attention to detail
• Work on overall reporting of financial results to management with commentary and value-add insights to help with decision support.
• Ability to handle complex financial models for budgeting & forecasting
• Work closely with the Accounting, Distribution, Acquisition and Customer Base Management and Marketing teams to share monthly results and outcomes while also collecting information and inputs in a timely manner
• Develop and analyze monthly latest forecast and annual budgets for your area with extensive amount of detail and ability to challenge inputs and assumptions
• Build economic KPIS, conduct variance analysis (monthly, quarterly and annually) between actual, budget and forecast numbers and discuss the implication and impact on the business
• Perform other job duties as assigned
• Finance designation, preferably with FP&A background
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and overall Microsoft Office applications. Experience in ERP software (Oracle) is an asset.
• Strong communication skills to be able to influence and present to executives
• Ability to effectively collaborate with management and employees at all levels
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, must also demonstrate a sense of urgency commensurate with the needs of the top management
• Team player, results oriented, analytical skills & able to deliver under pressure and tight timelines
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated