City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Communication
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
We are looking for a talented Senior Copywriter to write and edit brand-right creative copy for Joe Fresh. In this role, you will work closely with the Creative Director, Art Director and Graphic Designers to concept and execute content.
What you'll do:
- Write and edit accurate, regulatory-compliant and persuasive customer-focused copy for Joe Fresh across print and digital
- Ensure that Joe Fresh’s mission and vision are featured in storytelling, along with product education
- Translate the marketing team’s business priorities into compelling content
- Participate in and contribute to creative and cross functional meetings
- Coordinate all translation and approvals
- Proofreading and editing all consumer facing content
- Campaign concepting for key apparel launches and partnership collaborations
- Provide a strong POV on our brand voice
What you’ll need:
- Exceptional English creative writing, editing and grammatical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Understanding of fashion terminology, trends, and style
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Creative problem solving with a strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible (able to work independently or as part of a group; able to shift priorities quickly)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency of writing across all channels
- A strong understanding of industry best practices and expertise in digital content creation and digital marketing
- Ability to present and justify creative ideas and concepts against the creative brief
- Knowledge of the marketplace and industries we operate in, creative strategy, and the competitive landscape
- A passion for big idea thinking and consumer centric storytelling and writing content that stands out in today’s world
- Confidence presenting big ideas at meetings and brainstorming sessions
- A portfolio of work demonstrating your ability to craft stories that bring content marketing to life for relevant audiences
- Fluency in digital best practices and content trends
Nice to Have: Ability to work in French, a definite asset
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.