Senior Construction Manager
City : Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Senior General Construction Manager is to oversee all construction activities on the project. The Senior Construction Manager reports to the Project Director/Project Manager and is responsible for construction and fabrication.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
• Executes construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards;
Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Controls project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources including manpower, materials, tools, and equipment.
• Provides input for the development of project schedules in cooperation with the construction engineers and planners.
• Ensures that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the foreman level.
• Reviews design scope and approach regarding constructability and submits recommendations for change.
• Determines manpower levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors manpower levels and craft mixes to ensure conformance with the construction plan.
• Monitors productivity and cost and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum labour productivity and cost-effectiveness.
• Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
• Implements the site safety and security procedures and project work rules.
• Assists assigned Labour Relations Manager in the overall administration of labour relations policies.
• Manages the contractual commitments of contractors, including cost, quality, and schedule and coordinates their field activities.
• Plans and manages the project’s temporary facilities.
• Maintains quality of all work in accordance with the standards as specified in the design documents.
• Maintains effective construction equipment use and maintenance program.
• Maintains an effective plan for the supply and control of tools and supplies.
• Administers, trains, and motivates all personnel in construction operations through the superintendent and foreman levels.
• Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
• Other duties as assigned.