Senior Business Systems Analyst
City : HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
Are you a talented, creative and results-driven professional who thrives on delivering high-performing applications for Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crime IT team managing Investigations, Case management workflows and Suspicious Transactions Regulatory submissions. Come join us!
Global Functions Technology (GFT) is part of RBC’s Technology and Operations division. GFT’s impact is far-reaching as we collaborate with partners from across the company to deliver innovative and transformative IT solutions. Our clients represent Risk, Finance, HR, CAO, Audit, Legal, Compliance, Financial Crime, Capital Markets, Personal and Commercial Banking and Wealth Management. We also lead the development of digital tools and platforms to enhance collaboration.
We believe that innovation should drive all that we do, in challenging assumptions and being big and bold with our ideas. We support our people in developing the technical, business and professional skills needed to be successful. You will work with partners from across the company, participate in networking events, and have access to a wide variety of supports including mentorship. You will work directly with leaders who believe in celebrating successes and sharing learnings with other teams to promote progress.
What will you do?
- Investigates, resolves, and reports on medium- to highly-complex technical issues requiring business application understanding.
- Works closely with business clients to understand priorities and impact, and provides timely and accurate reports to management and end-users on status of critical systems processes.
- Proactively identifies and acts on emerging issues (and works with Development teams) to resolve them in the short and long term. Many of these issues require rapid response and the ability to synthesize multiple technical factors quickly in order to arrive at a workaround or solution within hours.
- Is able to learn about multiple applications and technologies and how they interact in order to provide cross-function support. An understanding of how legacy and emerging technologies integrate is required.
- Makes recommendations on process improvements and enhances system and support documentation.
- Ensure compliance with SLA metrics as agreed with business. Lead support-based initiatives of various complexity.
- Actively participate in Agile development projects to represent the interests of maintaining Production application stability and adhering to Production readiness standards. Your participation would ensure that projects follow RBC standards for security and audit, supporting System Integration testing, and supporting code promotions and development effort.
- Work on IT Risk deliverables: participate in DR exercise, help in DR planning and design; interacting with various auditors and make sure that applications function according to published RBC IT Risk Standards.
- Perform some of the above responsibilities after hours and on weekends on a rotational basis.
- Lead a small team of individuals. Interested in growing and eventually following a management career path.
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong business domain understanding of Wealth-Management, excellent data analysis and solid background dealing with Wealth Management applications.
- Ability to work independently, apply critical and strategic thinking to issues, and manage deadlines while multi-tasking amongst different priorities.
- Experience with custodianship of multiple applications including management of Enterprise requirements.
- Relational databases: an intermediate knowledge of relational database concepts and how to interact with databases using SQL is required.
- Familiar and comfortable with Change Management activities.
- Superior relationship building, communication & presentation skills, organizational knowledge and leadership skills with a proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional and complex environment.
- Understanding of Trade Life Cycle and working experience with Front, Middle and Back office teams of Asset Management, Wealth Management, Portfolio Management, Brokerage Institutions, Prime Brokerage Services of various asset class such as Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives, Money Market Instrument and OTC Derivatives
- Team player known for providing creative thought leadership while also listening to and engaging others.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Job SkillsAgile Methodology, Business Acumen, Business Data Analysis, Business Process Modeling, Communication, Critical Thinking, Decision Making, Interpersonal Relationship Management, Problem Solving, Requirements Analysis
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.