Scheduler – Building Construction
City : Toronto, ON
Category : Full time Planning & Scheduling
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a Planner and Scheduler with 8+ years of experience working on Commercial, Industrial and Residential projects. As the Planner and Scheduler, you are responsible for the planning, development and coordination of the project schedule including tracking issues, analyzing data, and providing reports to key stakeholders and clients.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RRSP and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Building Construction team in Toronto, Ontario!
- Develop integrated schedules using Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project for various projects & their different stages as appropriate. You must ensure that the durations and relationships have been vetted by Superintendents, subtrades, and/or our internal Production Rates database and ensure that the format, quality and content of the schedule meets or exceeds Ledcor’s Best Practices.
- Develop a full Critical Path Method (CPM) logic generated baseline schedules for projects.
- Participate in the planning and schedule preparation process during pursuits and respond to RFP documents in projects.
- You will be involved in the Planning of projects as a member of the Pursuit team, you will be responsible for reading and understanding the RFP bid documents (schedule-related contractual requirements, drawings and specifications) and creating a schedule based on RFP documents.
- Prior to project start, create and revise preliminary master schedules and proposal for Operations detailing the sequence of all work to be performed to ensure schedule is realistic and competitive.
- Resource and cost loading the schedule and updates progress throughout the project.
- Participate in developing and maintaining a database of construction productivity rates, procurement durations, lead times and project risk items.
- Identify unplanned events and incorporate their impacts into the schedule.
- Contributes to the development of working schedules for Estimating as required
- Develop as-built versus as-planned schedules to provide a comparison of the project schedule.
- You will provide support to project teams by developing microwork schedules, what-if scenarios, Time-Impact-Analysis (TIA schedules as required.
- Maintains master schedule for each project and identifies, records and provides narrative for the impact of change from baseline and construction plans
- Communicate with project controls manager, project manager and project team to generate an outline of the project execution plan, schedule WBS and schedule level of detail.
- 8+ years of experience in a Scheduler, Planner or similar role.
- Industrial, commercial, or institutional construction project experience will be highly regarded.
- Diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Estimating, Engineering or industry related trade certification/education.
- Thorough understanding of construction execution strategy.
- Previous usage of Primavera (P6).
- Excellent Microsoft office skills; specifically excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior organizational and planning abilities.
- Office based role with occasional travel to sites within the GTA.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.