City : Revelstoke, BC, CA, V0E 2S0
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Road Foreman you will educate, promote and monitor the safe work practices of operating crews for a given territory and enhance operating ability of Locomotive Engineers, ensuring effective and efficient application of CPKC’s operating rules, practices, safety policies and procedures which improve safety, prevent serious accidents, raise awareness and promote compliance.
Relocation assistance may be offered!
- Perform locomotive engineer train crew field evaluations
- Plan and execute remedial training activities for those found deficient through field evaluation and rules violations
- Coordinate and delivery/facilitate all conductor new hire training including oversight of field level on the job training
- Coordinate and oversee of triennial recertification training for conductors and locomotive engineers in the area of responsibility
- Perform field efficiency testing
- Provide input to training course content in identified problem areas as observed in field evaluations and proficiency testing for educational purposes
- Deliver any skills training required for conductor and locomotive engineers in the area of responsibility
- Respond to and provide expert analysis of download for train handling exceptions, incidents and derailments and implement corrective training when determined required
- Availability as required 24/7
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience or as required by regulations as a qualified and practicing railway locomotive engineer
- Strong working knowledge of railroad operating rules and regulations including special or dimensional handling, TIH, hours of work and locomotive standards
- Strong working knowledge of railway operations
- Maintained CROR rules qualification
- Working knowledge of the relevant Collective Agreement and its application to locomotive engineers and conductors
- Management/supervisory experience is an asset
- Effective communication skills and ability to relay effective instruction to conductors and locomotive engineers as it relates to effective train handling and application of safety rules, practices, policies and procedures
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to coach, traing and mentor train locomotive engineers, conductors and students
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CPKC. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CPKC’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety critical position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol, and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required. This includes candidates participating in the Trainee Program who will also be required to pass a drug test during the training process before receiving final qualification for the position.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Driver’s License Verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Req ID: 101870
- Department: Operations Pacific Division
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Revelstoke, British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 70-80%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 4
- Compensation Rate:
- Job Available to: Internal & External