Registered Pharmacy Technician
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:5700 Keaton Crescent, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R 3G3
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
Why this role is important?
MediSystem Pharmacy, a Shoppers Drug Mart Company, is an established specialty pharmacy that provides pharmaceutical dispensing and clinical pharmacy consulting services to long term care facilities across Canada. MediSystem services 40,000 residents in over 300 facilities and is proud to be 100% Canadian owned and operated.
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery.
Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work life balance.
About the Role:
Under the direct supervision of a MediSystem Pharmacist, the Registered Pharmacy Technician will perform a variety of tasks related to the high-volume distribution of prescribed drugs to various long-term care sites.
· Confirm and check pharmaceutical products prepared to ensure accuracy and completeness of all prescription orders prior to delivery
· Check multi-dose medication strips for accuracy
· Keep current with and apply knowledge of legal requirements, professional standards, and where provided, workplace policies and procedures
· Licensed and registered with the College of Pharmacists as Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT), in good standing
· Liability insurance to legally practice as a RPhT
· A minimum of 1 year of continuous working experience in a pharmacy environment (Long Term Care, Hospital, or Retail)
· Experience with high volume filling environments is an asset
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Attention to detail
· Complete work with minimum supervision
· Team player and Leadership skills
· Hospital pharmacy experience or Long Term Care pharmacy background is an asset
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.