City : Regina, Saskatchewan
Category : Full time
Industry : Human Resources
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
- Primarily assists with the recruitment and selection process for new employees, including coordinating and reviewing resumes, conducting telephone interviews, arranging and scheduling interviews, and providing all other related administrative functions
- Coordinates onboarding of new colleagues and new hire paperwork and conducts onsite orientation
- Actively finds new talent strategies and avenues for recruitment
- Provides strong professional customer service to assist in resolving colleague questions or concerns
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources department
- Provides administrative support to the Warehouse Operations department
- Prepares a variety of reports, including but not limited to the following: new hire training, employee performance and productivity, daily operations, attendance reports, etc.
- Assists with data-entry and collection for a range of HR programs and services
- Establishes strong employee relationships by being involved in the planning of meeting, events and celebrations in the DC
- Actively participates in organizational culture initiatives creating a culture conducive to higher engagement and retention
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to be flexible in working schedule as needed
Experience, Education, and Training:
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience in an office environment combined with strong communication and excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of computer applications using MS office
- Knowledge and experience using HRIS and payroll systems
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks as required
- Preference with HR education and/or related work experience
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.