City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What's the opportunity?
The Recoveries Officer is responsible for recovering outstanding balances on Personal Loans and Card Products, utilizing RBC Credit Management & Recoveries methodologies. Analyze all client information available and to assess the maximum recovery potential by providing repayment options to clients, recommendations for litigation or third party collection agencies.
Please Note: Due to the current covid situation, this position will temporarily be a remote role, and will be based out of the Mississauga RBC office location after covid.
What will you do?
- Initiate outbound calls and receive incoming client calls
- Identify risk situations and escalate if and when appropriate
- Provide recommendations for litigation or third party collection activity in cases where the liability status could not be recovered through normal collection activity
- Maintain a balance between quality Customer Care and effective negotiation techniques
- Embrace the service routines, goal setting and performance enablement
- Take ownership and resolve issues, ensuring operational risk mitigation and compliance are achieved
- Act as a referral point for other team members, in order to deliver a seamless, simpler, faster, and a better client experience
- Foster collaboration within your team and convergence across partners to support RBC’s One Client, One Bank vision
What do you need to succeed?
- 2+ years Recoveries/Collections experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proven negotiation, analytical and decision making ability
- Strong Organizational and Multi-tasking skills
- Strong understanding of the balance between customer service and business risk mindset
- Able to work the set shift of 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday and a rotational shift for one Saturday a month
- Bilingual English and French
- Knowledge of CAC's, CASPER, OLBB, OLMS, TS2, Sales Platform, Bankruptcy & Collection Highways
- Knowledge of Personal Products, Loans, Mortgages, Overdrafts and Business Products
- Previous experience in managing a portfolio
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Leaders who support your development
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Opportunity to take on progressively greater accountabilities
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.