Quality Control – Rotating Equipment
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
In this site based role you will be situated full time at one of our exciting project sites in Kitimat, BC. You will be fully supported as you continue to build your skills, support a schedule driven project where the emphasis will be on people, client interface, development and management
This position provides supervisory services to support the site quality program on projects, typically overseeing quality control activities for multiple disciplines, multiple areas and / or multiple shifts including larger or more complex scopes of work. This position may be under the direct supervision of the Site Quality Manager or, on smaller projects, the individual may be required to perform the duties of a Site Quality Manager. The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of providing our clients and Fluor with projects that comply with the quality requirements stipulated in our prime contracts.
• Monitor/inspect project and construction execution by regular surveillance, inspection and/or formal planned audits
• Supervise Quality personnel who perform audit, examination, inspection, surveillance and/or testing activities in accordance with the project quality program
• Ensure that documentation is being completed, signed off, and compiled as the work progresses so as to support turnover and record retention activities at the project site
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Other duties as assigned